Odessa Fire and Rescue Protection District is currently hiring Full -time/ Part-time Firefighter/Paramedics
Firefighter/Paramedic: responds to fire alarms, medical emergencies, hazardous materials incidents, urban search & rescue and other calls to protect life and property; participates in all-hazards risk reduction and training; and maintains cleanliness of fire department facilities and readiness of firefighting equipment; medical equipment and trucks.
- Shall be Eighteen (18) years of age at time of application.
- Shall be certified EMT-P by the State of Missouri in good standing (NREMT preferred)
- Current ACLS, CPR certification. PHTLS, PALS are preferred.
- Shall provide minimum Firefighter I and II certification as defined by the International Fire Service
- Accreditation Congress and NFPA.
- Shall provide a minimum of Haz-Mat operations level certification as defined by NFPA and the
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress.
- Must be able to pass a medical physical exam and agility test
- Valid Missouri Driver’s License required.
- Full-time FF/Medic base pay is $40,000 a year with a $3,000 incentive
- Fulltime Benefits
- Paid time and half on our recognized holidays if you work them.
- Health Insurance for employee paid 100% by District
- Accident/Disability Insurance
- Uniform provided
- Uniforms Included
- Lagers L6, 2% non-contributory
- Vacation accrual and sick time pay per district policy
All applicants can find an application on our website odessafire.org. Applications can be submitted by email or in person at the station. Email applications to email@example.com.