Opportunity for professional to work in hospital-based Ambulance Service providing emergency response to Bates County, Missouri. Usually scheduled 96/120; overtime paid on hours worked over 40 per week. Works with staff in a spirit of teamwork and professionalism. Must possess and apply knowledge and skills necessary to perform duties of a paramedic in a dignified and compassionate manner. Performs pre-hospital duties, as well as assisting emergency room staff and physician with patient care needs as directed. EOE
- Up to 5% Retirement match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
Performs emergency pre-hospital treatment:
- Responds to emergency medical calls timely via ambulance and performs emergency and advanced life support treatments within authorized certification limits.
- Conducts on-site patient assessment, recognizes a variety of symptoms which may denote life threatening conditions requiring immediate action.
- As appropriate, initiates radio communication with qualified medical personnel to relay medical information or receive direction in treatment.
- Performs a variety of advanced level life support and emergency medical procedures requiring extensive knowledge and skills.
- Provides direct care to patients based on current protocols, policies and procedures, accepted standards of care, and established competencies in a hospital and emergency environment.
- Deals with a variety of hazardous, unpleasant and difficult circumstances and individuals, including patients, family members and onlookers. Coordinates activities with police, fire and other emergency responders.
- Attends to patient needs during return trip to hospital or drives ambulance vehicle to assure prompt and safe return to hospital.
- Special Requirements:
- Valid license to operate ambulance.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Data entry and documentation skills.
- Significant walking, bending, stooping, patient lifting and positioning.
- Manual dexterity and ability to perform full range of body movements.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds up and down stairs and rough terrain.
- Capable of hearing and distinguishing heart tones, lung and bowel sounds.
- Normal inpatient care environment, including the emergency room.
- Exposure to patient fluids and waste.
- Rapid pace and variable environment.
- Pre-hospital environment includes extreme variations in temperature and lighting, exposure to heat and cold, noise, fumes, dirt, water, patient elements, with significant exposure to hazards found at fires, accident and disaster sites.
- Mental flexibility to perform diverse duties involved in patient care, frequently under emergency circumstances.
- Good communication skills, written and oral, and ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Excellent coordination skills with ability to coordinate multiple systems.
To apply, please visit the BCMH website: http://www.bcmhospital.com/team/.